Hello, Adventure Seekers,
This past year has challenged us to grow and to create a community of people passioned about nature.
Here is our year in a short review:
- The first Wild Fun trip was dedicated to education about nature and it took place at Lempeș Hill, near Brașov. We learned about plants, birds, forests and the way they are all connected to form a functional ecosystem.
The theme of the trip was to observe the life around us.
- Bike trip to the seaside with 6 friends, who were just getting acquainted to outdoor sleeping. We started from Bucharest to Mangalia, by train, and then went on from Mangalia to a wild and quiet place in Bulgaria, riding our bikes os the road. We were amazed: a speechless moonrise, an awesome sunrise, night photography, mad jokes. Wild fun for everyone!
- We spent almost four weeks on a kids’ vacation at Măgura, near Brașov. We hiked around the village, exploring the local flora and fauna, we visited to the old water mill in Ohaba, the Unitarian church in Dopca, the basaltic columns in Racoș and the basaltic micro-canyon in Hoghiz.
On the last day we hiked to the base of Piatra Craiului Mountains, a limestone jewel, where the kids saw their first bear tracks.
- We had another kids’ trip at Piatra Mare Mountains, joining Richard and his sons on a two day trip. We talked about the forest and its trees, about plants and mushrooms. We spent the evening gathered around a fire and we laughed and laughed at their innocent jokes, camping outside. The next day we took the kids at a nearby crag and taught them how to rappel.
- We hiked with kids at Poiana Stânii Regale, near Sinaia
- With two new friends, we spent some time in the Bucegi mountains, going from Valea Albă to Omu, and down by Valea Cerbului
- Andrei and Adelina spent their honeymoon cycling through the heart of Transylvania – The Land Beyond the Forests, as they called their little adventure. They saddled for 350km along the banks of the Olt River, passing through lots of old saxon villages, with the famous fortified churches and medieval architecture, entangled by modern life and people.
- Family fun in the Cernica forest, on the outskirts of Bucharest.
- Short winter trip in the Natural Park Văcărești, in the middle of Bucharest. We saw lots of seagulls, swans and even pheasants! We charged our batteries with sunlight and fresh air.
- Andrei Nicoară, founding member of WildFun, was featured this year as one of the 100 Brands of the Now generation by Forbes magazine.
- Andrei Badea, founding member of WildFun, was featured this year on the F64 blog
- Our new site was released by the end of this year! Hooray!
- We started preparing documents for registering our ONG, which will be focused on education about nature.
- We had an presentation at Velopedia, a bike shop in the city, where we presented our bike trip through Transilvania in front of more than 30 people.
Check out some of the wonderful images we took during our trips in the slides below:
The first Wild Fun trip at Dealul Lempeș
Trip from Mangalia to a wild and quiet place in Bulgaria with bicycles
Kids vacation la Magura
Kids trip at Piatra Mare
Kids trip at Poiana Stânii Regale
Trip through Bucegi: Valea albă – Omu – Valea Cerbului
Family trip Cernica
Short trip through the Natural Park Văcărești